We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to fill a staff position in our engineering department. As part of a growing and highly motivated team, you will improve the quality of products by reducing process concerns and improving production efficiency, as well as, introducing, monitoring, and validating Quality systems and procedures to ensure high quality products and processes.
- Institute a formal QA/QC program in our factory.
- Guide the company through quality system accreditation for ISO 9001.
- Prepare and or revise control plans, FMEA, flow charts, work instructions, etc. to ensure customer, product, process, and specification conformance.
- Build out and manage a QA laboratory.
- Coordinate, organize and conduct internal and external Quality System Audits.
- Promote continuous improvement through coaching, facilitating and training in the use of quality tools such as SPC and Six Sigma.
- Address internal production concerns by reviewing rejects and working within a core team to resolve the issues promptly.
- Address internal customer concerns by identifying problems, creating corrective action investigations, interacting with both engineers and factory personnel, applying analytical tools to collect data, proposing solutions, and ultimately resolving the issues.
- Address external customer concerns by traveling to end user or receiving returned parts to inspect and document products and then implement corrective action investigations.
- Maintain corrective action (CA) tracking database.
- B.S. degree in a Scientific, Engineering, or Manufacturing Discipline REQUIRED.
- Capable of using hand measurement tools such as calipers, micro-meters, etc.
- Experience using statistical process control (SPC) tools.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and to apply statistics to problem solving.
- Experience with leading Internal Audits to these standards.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills (speaking, typing, presenting).
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, customers, suppliers, engineers, and/or manufacturing staff.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office-Word & Excel, Syspro).
- Group Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays