Human Capital and Talent Acquisition Specialist
Global Polymer Industries, Inc. (an international leader in the compression molding of Ultra Hight Molecular Weight Polyethylene) is undergoing an organizational transformation and is looking for a leader to manage our key resource – our people. The Human Capital and Talent Acquisition Specialist is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Plant Manager. Human capital – the capabilities, talent, and skills of the individuals who carry out the work of the organization – is the critical factor in achieving company success. An effective human capital strategy is needed to provide the right mix of talent when and where it’s needed. Human capital management is related to all employees’ issues and other elements such as employment, utilization, compensation and development.
The Human Capital and Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for the strategic human resource planning function and directing all of the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of Global Polymer Industries and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of applicable governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations.
Employee Performance Management
- Delivers the vital part of Human Capital Management and Talent Acquisition which aligns and optimizes individual performance with the overall performance of the organization.
- Designs or redesigns an effective performance management system which aligns with the organization’s mission, strategic direction, objectives, and culture. The performance management process is a practical and easy to understand and use system that provides an accurate picture of each employees’ performance.
- Develops appropriate policies and programs for the effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development, among others.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, works to enhance the human resource information system and provide the necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
Employee engagement/Strategic Workforce Planning
- Directs and leads process of employee engagement across the entire organization
- Provide guidance on incentive plans for employees at different levels to meet Global Polymer’s strategic objectives
- Directly influence Global Polymer’s perception for potential staff through engagement on social media
- Uses a proven approach to strategic workforce planning to ensure that there is alignment between the people and business strategies needed both in the short term and long term.
- Participates in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into human capitol strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- A major part of retaining and growing individuals within an organization is providing employees with a clear picture of their opportunities for career growth and development. The Human Capital and Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for successfully matching specific people to specific roles, while recognizing that the requirements of those roles continuously change and evolve.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
Talent and Succession Management
- In order to build and sustain a successful organization over the long term, the Human Capital and Talent Acquisition Specialist systematically evaluates the organization’s talent pipeline to include identifying mission critical positions, the competencies required for those positions and determines the best methods to ensure the organization has a healthy pipeline of talent to meet current and future needs.
- Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business and the industry that Global Polymer operates within.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resource discipline.
- Member of the senior management team and provides input on the strategic direction of the company.
- Manages other areas such as, employee communication, and health, and community relations.
- Continues improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Coordinate and work in partnership with the employee safety management.
- Assist in the implementation and sustainability of the ISO 9000 certification.
- Business Acumen.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or four to 10 years’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Manufacturing Experience.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish).
- Group Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays